People look for love in all sorts of places, like bars, parties, and online, and while it may not be the best idea, it seems a lot of people go searching for that perfect mate at the office.
A new poll finds:
- Close to half of those polled have had at least one workplace romance.
- More than 20% of people had three or more flings with office colleagues.
- Of those who have had an office romance, a fifth people are still with theirs.
- But that’s not the case for most people, with average office romance lasing just over 10 months.
- And talk about uncomfortable, 16% of people are still working with their former flings.
So, why are office romances so common?
- Well, three quarters of people say it’s simply because they are spending so much time with the people they work with every day.
- 55% chalk it up to work nights out and other social engagements, which can lead to flirting.
- 20% add that a secret office romance makes boring day-to-day office life more exciting.
- Overall though, 50% of people don’t think it’s professional to be romantically involved with people you work with.
- For this reason, 25% of people kept their office romance a secret.
- 64% say their office romance was eventually exposed.
- 38% say they’ve been put in an uncomfortable position of keeping someone’s office fling a secret.
Source: SWNS Digital